Something Savoury, Something Sweet: Mushroom Pies and Fruit Tarts
Something Savoury and something sweet!
8 (2 reviews)
About the Class
Age Requirement: 12 and older
Maximum Class Size: 8 (reduced to 4 for safe distancing)
In this workshop, you will learn about savoury pastries and sweet pastries. You will get to create your very own savoury Mushroom pies and sweet fruit tarts.
We will be making your own tart cases from scratch and cooking your own pastry cream to decorate it with seasonal fruits.
The workshop will include a demonstration by the Chef who will also cover the Science behind pastries. It will be followed by full hands-on experience and you will bring home your own creations.
With what you learn, you can tweak the recipes to suit what you want in future!
- Notes on Short Crust Pastry
- Recipes for Mushroom Pies and Fruit Tarts
- Certified Organic ingredients
- Mushrooms are Pesticide-Free
- Healthy baked items you make during the workshop:
- 3 Mushroom Pies
- 3 Fruit Tarts
What You'll Learn
- How to make your own short crust pastry and customise it to be sweet or savoury
- How to make your own mushroom-pie filling
- Understand how to tailor your pastry to cater to what you will fill it with
- How to make pastry cream for the fruit tarts
- How to ensure you do not get a soggy crust