Organic Fruit Minced Pies
Learn how to bake Organic Minced Pies! Create your very own sweet pastry with minced fruits.
About the Class
Age Requirement: 12 and older
Maximum Class Size: 8 (reduced to 4 for safe distancing)
A Fruit Mince Pie is a sweet pie of English origin filled with a mixure of dried fruits and spices, traditionally served during the Christmas Season in much of the English-speaking world.
In this workshop, you will learn about sweet pastries. You will get to create your very own sweet pastry with the classic minced fruits
You will also be making your own tart cases from scratch; waterproofing, filling and topping it with your own decorations.
The workshop will include a demonstration by the Chef who will also cover the Science behind pastries. It will be followed by a full hands-on experience and you will bring home your own creations.
With what you learn, you can tweak the recipes to suit what you want in future!
Fun Fact: These minced pies contain eggs but do not contain any meat.
Psst: Would you like to have these pies baked and ready for you? You may be interested in the Organic Fruit Minced Pies from our organic bakery. While stocks last.
12th December 2020 (Saturday)
1.30pm to 3.30pm
- Notes on Short Crust Pastry
- Recipe for Minced Pies
- Certified Organic ingredients
- Mushrooms are Pesticide-Free
- Healthy baked items you make during the workshop:
- 6 Minced Pies
What You'll Learn
- How to make your own short crust pastry by hand
- How to prepare the minced fruits
- Understand how to tailor your pastry to cater to what you will fill it with
- How to ensure you do not get a soggy crust